Gran Turismo 5 Delayed, But Here's Box Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Delayed yet again... jeeez. This just fuels the fire! The Forza Motorsport world is laughing their asses off right now.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
If Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is anything to go by I'm more than happy to wait.

I don't see why the Forza crew would be laughing their asses off though, GT has a loyal following and I doubt any GT fans will defect to XBox just to satisfy their driving simulator fix. They may get one as well, which will line the Forza crowd's pockets, but GT won't suffer losses in sales.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I don't own a PS3 yet, but the only reason i will be purchasing one is the same reason i own a PS2: GTA series and Gran Turismo series. Those are the "only" console games i own.

UmeNNis

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Yea well, considering this was supposed to be a near-launch title for PS3, I'm sure Sony is a bit peeved. It should be time for GT6 already.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]I don't own a PS3 yet, but the only reason i will be purchasing one is the same reason i own a PS2: GTA series and Gran Turismo series. Those are the "only" console games i own.[/citation]GTA is on 360, with exclusive additional content available. You should really give the latest Forza entry a whirl on a friend's machine, preferably with the racing wheel. It's pretty awesome - more than once I've heard a GT fan say "I love Gran Turismo, but Forza does it better."

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
GT has missed the boat, the with excellent Forza 3 and the more fun Need for Speed Shift, GT is just going to be an also ran. Will pick up a copy when its in the bargain bin. To little too late.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Being a GT1, 2, 3, and 4 fan, I bought a PS3 2-1/2 years ago for almost no other reason than playing GT5. I played Gran Tusismo HD until I was sick of spinning around the same short track over and over. I bought and played GT5 Prologue for about a week, then sold it, reasoning that I just wanted to wait until the full version came out. Well I gave up waiting for GT5 over 6 months ago and sold my PS3 - went full PC gaming only. This has taken WAY too long. They should have just released a simpler version of GT5 than what is planned and started working toward GT6. At this rate, you may as well just wait for PS4's racing games.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Probably because programming the darn thing is harder than they would like. No surprise here though.[/citation]For a racing sim franchise that they have been making for ages, on a console they should be masters at coding for? That's no excuse. Especially given that they have access to the best tools for the system before anyone else. Out of all development teams working on the PS3, there's really no excuse for these guys to get caught with their pants down.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Transmaniacon[/nom]Forza has nothing on Gran Turismo, sucks we have to wait longer, but when it is released, it will be epic.[/citation]

Oh yes. No game captures the thrill of driving a Ford Fiesta quite like GT.

I like the game but half the cars cost less than the one I drive.

G

Shouldn't they change the exclusive tag on the box from :Only on Playstation" to "Not Even on Playstation"

G

This has "we dont want gt competing with gow3 and ff13" written all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.