graphic card for video editing

Karan_banwait

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
which graphic card is best for rendering and video editing? i want to buy an laptop i3 processor 8gb ram , & i have no idea about graphic card ??,budget 50000 rs . tell me which one is best for me

Solution
Efficiency of NVENC is far greater than Intel Quick Sync/software based x264 encodes, but at the cost of quality. If you rate image sharpness and good quality picture then don't use NVENC to encode video. If you rather speed then by all means use it.

The best compromise is to find software that uses hardware acceleration to speed up encoding whilst using CPU/software based rendering, to help speed the process up. If video editing/encoding is your thing, the CPU is by far the most important, as is total RAM which will aid editing and real time responsiveness of software like Premiere Pro considerably.

Ramlethal

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Laptops cards tends to be far more expensive and inefficient than any desktop version.
If its for a mobile workstation it would be fine to purchase a 960 or 970m
Now if we are going for desktop wich in my opinion is a far more rasonable option... i would purchase a titan x if im pro rendering videos... the budget choise could be a 1060 or 1070

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Efficiency of NVENC is far greater than Intel Quick Sync/software based x264 encodes, but at the cost of quality. If you rate image sharpness and good quality picture then don't use NVENC to encode video. If you rather speed then by all means use it.

The best compromise is to find software that uses hardware acceleration to speed up encoding whilst using CPU/software based rendering, to help speed the process up. If video editing/encoding is your thing, the CPU is by far the most important, as is total RAM which will aid editing and real time responsiveness of software like Premiere Pro considerably.

Solution