Graphics card wont display anything on monitor.

Captain_5

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
Yesterday I shut down my computer and left it there.When I came back to go on it the monitor didn't display anything.I then powered down the pc and turned it on 3 times but it still wouldn't display anything so I unplugged the hdmi from the back of my graphics card and put it into the motherboard and it showed windows booting up.I tried using a different cable but it had the same results.I tried plugging in the graphics card to another screen but still nothing.I tried cleaning the pci-e slot and check the graphics card pins fro signs of damage but I found none.I have also checked if it was the ram but the ram was completely fine.The fan on the graphics card spins.The card is a msi gtx 950 by the way.

So your onboard graphics work regardless? With a GPU installed, your onboard should automatically disable - so it sounds like your GPU is not even detected as installed. Inside Windows, can you install "CPU-Z"* and see what it reports under the graphics tab? Does it recognize your 950 as installed?

*DXDIAG within Windows itself might show your GPU, but I believe it shows what you're using currently (so the onboard A8 graphics)

Captain_5

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016

Neither of the applications recognized my gtx 950 just the radeon graphics.