It doesn't look like you could actually see where you are going unless you crank your head continuously. If we are going to have concepts as a regular feature on this site, could we have concepts that are actually reasonable.
epic fail, this will never pass crash testing as the front end is right inline with a persons neck. lawyers would have an open and shut book and a feild day in court. this is an all around safety desing fail with out the safety requirements, you have just ruined the whole machine for fuel power and sooo sooo much. have these designers never heard of precipitation and hot humid days? and you can't run it at night since it's solar powered good luck getting your pregnant wife to the hospital when she goes into labor. where do i seat the kids? on my head as i can't seat them on my belly because it will obstruct my view thus rendering me blind to steering. what about groceries? what about my work tools?
utter failure..these questions should have been asked before the frame was even finished. alot of wasted time and working hours wasted money and what not just for them to even make the picture.
this is not kindergarten and fingerpainting class done for harmless fun. and even if it is just for fun why are you wasting precious time and webspace on this, did you design it and want to show the world? save it for your facebook this has nothing to do with computer hardware other then the fact your kid must have drawn this. this isn't your refridgerator. this time wasted on this article could have been better spent on getting us all the specs for those flashy cpu coolers as well as benchmarks.
any one else grumpy at customers having to be the editor for toms? seriously tho rico as much as i appreciate the article, if i wanted to read about this stuff i go to popular science or popular mechanics for this type of stuff, for which you should go apply for contracts or a job there. i know other writers here at toms (ahem mr parrish, and mrs mcentegart) write stuff that has nothing to do with computer hardware, but atleast jane does it cute with porn (my headlines are better then yours).
[citation][nom]cleric7x9[/nom]Anybody else reminded of that SouthPark episode where Mr. Garrison develops his "alternative" transportation vehicle?[/citation]
That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it.
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]Blah blah blah i'm an epic fail, this will never pass because I know everything since I graduated middle school top of my class in Nebraska.[/citation]
Listen, you got a few issues with your rant.
1. Solar powered doesn't mean it wont run at night. Solar power can charge batteries, and a lightweight design like this could get many miles on a single charge alone if its anything like WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE "AKA electric vehicles running on batteries".
2. This is a tech website, and most of us here want to hear about new technology, PC, phones, dog-turd-launchers, doesn't matter or wither it's in development or just an idea or about to be released. No one cares what you think, so go watch Nickelodeon and stay off our site please.
3. This is a motorcycle concept retard, would you take your pregnant in labor wife to the hospital on your Harley? Ya right, have fun laying your bike down when she has a contraction, you idiot.
4. Obviously in a working test model this thing would have a big enough window to see out of without needing to crook your head. Which from the pictures looks like they did just fine.
5. This doesn't look any less safe then a normal motorcycle imo.