Green background on screen DVD to LED TV

DVDgreen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to connect my older (circa late 1990's) Sony DVD player to my Samsung LED TV via COMPONENT cables (RGB). The Samsung TV gives you an adaptor cord for the RGB+Red/White(Audio) which all transfer out to a mini-plug with 2 male connectors that have a specific spot to be plugged into on the TV. When I turn on the DVD player, even before I do anything with the disk, I notice the screen is somewhat green and the word lettering is green. When I play the DVD, the entire picture has a really green background to it. This same player used to play fine using S-Video on my older TV. Fine tuning the tint and white balance on the TV does nothing. The DVD player soesn't have color settings. The TV works fine with regular cable TV via HDMI and has a perfect picture. Any thoughts?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
all signals coming from dvd is not reaching the tv.

1st is to check cables/cords and terminal ports. then check dvd player color space encoding output, switch between RGB and YCbCr/YPbPr whatever works.

sokangcraft

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

the break out cables are probably plugged in wrong or broken check the connections.