Grooveshark Had Employees Upload Illegal Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
And if SOPA passes that won't matter. Universal will just say they're suspicious and Grooveshark will have to pull down every song published by Universal or face elimination from the Internet.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]And if SOPA passes that won't matter. Universal will just say they're suspicious and Grooveshark will have to pull down every song published by Universal or face elimination from the Internet.[/citation]

no no no, you are wrong,

universal would say they are suspicions to a lawyer who goes to a judge and in under 3 hours, gone from the internet. groove shark no mater what it does if that passes could prevent it.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
is it me or does it seem like every one msised the picture about them wanting to sell user information .... i hope this company burns. any company that is found of bad buisness practices needs to go down long beofre theya re ever in any real position of power. screw the illegal download crap , the fact they started off with the intention to sell user's data is out right perverse to put it mildly. though i'm sure they would avhe trhown this right on thier EULA , it is still tehw rong way to start a buisness. there are companies taht get paid to collect " private user data" and they pay people for said data ,and these jack a--es were gonna get paid to so they could sell people's data. it makes me want to beat these con artist .

G

I hope this guy goes to jail for a long time. Everything about this is wrong.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no no no, you are wrong, universal would say they are suspicions to a lawyer who goes to a judge and in under 3 hours, gone from the internet. groove shark no mater what it does if that passes could prevent it.[/citation]

I support SOPA, I have a suspicion that everything on the internet is infringing on my copyrights. Therefor I demand that all corporations be removed from the internet, as well as any law enforcement agencies. I of course do not seek any money or wish to pursue the matter in court and will leave it at suspicion which is good enough to get the job done.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I support SOPA, I have a suspicion that everything on the internet is infringing on my copyrights. Therefor I demand that all corporations be removed from the internet, as well as any law enforcement agencies. I of course do not seek any money or wish to pursue the matter in court and will leave it at suspicion which is good enough to get the job done.[/citation]

its sad but thats how it will possibly go but in reverse with the corps doing that to everyone.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation]The business was a bet to escape the legal claws of Universal until Grooveshark would be able to sell user data for more money than what it would have to pay for music license fees.[/citation]

Holy crap... really? Why on earth is it legal for them to sell "user data?" When did that become something people are just okay with? Why isn't everyone pissed off that corporations do this? When did privacy become a secondary privilege that you don't care about?

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
On top of that.... the article is written stating that the disturbing thing about it is the illegal music files being uploaded. WHO GIVES A CRAP? They make enough money, they can go die in a fire. They are unnecessary in today's age. They are just leeching off of the artists and the consumers.

G

I have proof that Grooveshark is using illegal downloads as a source for its streaming service. Once upon a time, I "illegally" downloaded a CD from the web, but one track was skipping at time 2:09. This CD has very limited diffusion, so I went on Grooveshark with the intention of streaming the track, recording it through my soundcard analog output, and using the resulting wav file to patch my mp3 file (Goldwave sound editor).

Lo and Behold, the Grooveshark streaming also skips at time 2:09. QED: Grooveshark has used the same "illegal" download as a source.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]is it me or does it seem like every one msised the picture about them wanting to sell user information .... i hope this company burns. any company that is found of bad buisness practices needs to go down long beofre theya re ever in any real position of power. screw the illegal download crap , the fact they started off with the intention to sell user's data is out right perverse to put it mildly. though i'm sure they would avhe trhown this right on thier EULA , it is still tehw rong way to start a buisness. there are companies taht get paid to collect " private user data" and they pay people for said data ,and these jack a--es were gonna get paid to so they could sell people's data. it makes me want to beat these con artist .[/citation]

I completely agree - that's worse than anything else mentioned in this article. I don't use Facebook strictly for that reason - I refuse to give my private data to anyone who uses it to make a profit.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]rawful[/nom][citation]The business was a bet to escape the legal claws of Universal until Grooveshark would be able to sell user data for more money than what it would have to pay for music license fees.[/citation]Holy crap... really? Why on earth is it legal for them to sell "user data?" When did that become something people are just okay with? Why isn't everyone pissed off that corporations do this? When did privacy become a secondary privilege that you don't care about?[/citation]
this is what i'm sayibng in my first post , whoc ares about ilegal music downloads thes cary thing to me was the fact they started abuisness with the onset intentions of selling private user data

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I think that everyone is over-reacting to the user data selling bit. They aren't selling any personal information about you. I have an account with Grooveshark and all they ask for is an email address. The data they would be selling would be user's listening habits. Personally I think that its morally acceptable for a company to do that since it is virtually anonymous (assuming you just make a BS email account, which is what I did).

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Welcome to Corporate America. They probably won't even get jail time. Just a fine that never gets paid cause they'll go into bankruptcy. The owners get to walk away with their huge salaries. Some early investors will get bank. The late investors and users get screwed.

BTW most major websites operate like this today. It may be detailed in their terms and services and privacy policies but you'll need a lawyer to interpret it. The best you'll get is a class action lawsuit where some lawyer gets a few million and the users get $1. Good luck collecting.

We prefer to spend 100 billion a year on the "War on Drugs" instead of going after white collar criminals.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]is it me or does it seem like every one msised the picture about them wanting to sell user information .... i hope this company burns. any company that is found of bad buisness practices needs to go down long beofre theya re ever in any real position of power. screw the illegal download crap , the fact they started off with the intention to sell user's data is out right perverse to put it mildly. though i'm sure they would avhe trhown this right on thier EULA , it is still tehw rong way to start a buisness. there are companies taht get paid to collect " private user data" and they pay people for said data ,and these jack a--es were gonna get paid to so they could sell people's data. it makes me want to beat these con artist .[/citation]

I also caught that, what scumbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.