Solved! Grouping of OTA Channels Not Received on Older Samsung TV (OTA Tuner Issue?)

da_bopper_9

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I live in the Vegas area and receive ~50 OTA channels. Have a 2007 model LCD Samsung TV LNT5271FX/XAA along with two other flat screen TVs. The two other TVs receive the channels 26.1, 26.2, 26.3, 26.4, 26.5, 26.6, 26.7, and 26.9; however, the Samsung TV does not receive those channels .....or when they do come in the channels are digitally scrambled (unwatchable). The Samsung does receive all the other OTA channels available in my area. I've eliminated the cable, the antenna, and the 4 port splitter/amplifier from being the issue.

Is this just a matter of the OTA tuner in the Samsung TV having issues with the 26.* range of channels? Thanks in advance

Solution
The sensitivity of ATSC tuners does vary. Another issue may be the signal getting to that TV may be weaker than the other TV. It would depend on your antenna, how it's distributed, and losses in the wire. Try one of the other TVs on the antenna lead that the 2007 Samsung is connected to.
The sensitivity of ATSC tuners does vary. Another issue may be the signal getting to that TV may be weaker than the other TV. It would depend on your antenna, how it's distributed, and losses in the wire. Try one of the other TVs on the antenna lead that the 2007 Samsung is connected to.

Solution