GT-P5210 Toshiba Model Laptop

Bertskie

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
The only keys that are working are the arrow
keys. I have not used it for awhile and now that I am wanting too...Nothing seems to be working. The cursor is frozen in the center of the screen.

Hi,

Just have some question about the issue the laptop is facing.
1. When you say that the cursor is frozen, have you tried connecting an external mouse just to see if it will work?
2. Have you also tried using an external keyboard?

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help:
- Connect an external keyboard and mouse then see if your laptop will respond while they are connected.
- If both device will not work and it will just freeze up the issue may lie on the OS.
- Try to perform a complete Factory Reset with it to cleanup the drive.
- Here's the complete step on how to perform a Factory Reset.
https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864
- If it will still freeze of hang after the reset you may need to replace the HDD.

Bertskie

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015

Bertskie

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
Hello Laptop_Nerd,
I thank you for your response to my question. When I said my laptop was "frozen", you understood me completely. I have just found an external mouse and I will have to look for an external keyboard. This does sound promising. I will do my best to have my daughter in law take a look at the laptop this week. I so appreciate all your suggestions. I am not physically able to do the work you suggest, but I am confident she will be able to follow through. If it is the hard drive we will have to decide if it is worth the investment of a new laptop. I had hoped that my young grandsons would be able to make use of it. I thank you for your help...and will do my best to let you know how things turn out. It may be a couple of weeks though. Have a great week Laptop_Nerd.