GT70 Shorts Any Adapter Plugged In

Shawn_69

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Hello, I'm an owner of a GT70 whenever I plug an adapter in to the computer the adapter will make an audible noise and immediately turn off.
I believe this means that the computer is shorting any adapter plugged in. I have determined that this is not a battery issue since the same happens when the battery is out of the computer. Has anyone else experience this before? Hopefully not a motherboard issue?
Thanks

Solution
Have you tried plugging anything else into that port and if so, do they have any problems?

If other things connected do not have problems, it isn't your laptop but the adapter that is the cause.

Should that be the case, I would try connecting the adapter to a different device and see if you get the same results.
Have you tried plugging anything else into that port and if so, do they have any problems?

If other things connected do not have problems, it isn't your laptop but the adapter that is the cause.

Should that be the case, I would try connecting the adapter to a different device and see if you get the same results.

Solution