Guy Makes YouTube Instant, Gets Google Job Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Wow.

I need to redesign Yahoo! to the way it should be and put it up on a server, and see if I can get a job offer, too. :D Would probably get sued... just the reason I love Google, even if it is taking over the world. I, for one, would gladly accept Google as a global political leader...

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
No Luke not the darkside....

Props to him for having a bit of common sense and for thinking of it first. It'll get you far in America.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]someguynamedmatt[/nom]Wow.I need to redesign Yahoo! to the way it should be and put it up on a server, and see if I can get a job offer, too. Would probably get sued... just the reason I love Google, even if it is taking over the world. I, for one, would gladly accept Google as a global political leader...[/citation]

Redesign Yahoo the way it should be?
About:blank

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Great idea, but the video's playing instantly needs revised. I tried typing in "J.." for John Denver, but Justin Bieber started playing instantly.

That alone is enough to blacklist the site.

dbowlin17

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
WOW. I agree with whoever said they wish it didn't play the video right away, but that is incredible! I love it! I must say I am a fan of this new instant searching. However I don't use it that much because I use chrome and the google search built into the address bar far more than google.com

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
only thing i hate about instant search is that it doesn't save the history of searched keywords.
if you are doing an instant search session, changed the keywords many times... you can't go back to previously searched keywords.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]haunted one[/nom]It's pretty awesome! The one thing I dislike is that the video plays right away.Kudos to Goggle on the job offer.[/citation]

Just use Flashblock. I can queue up half a dozen video selections and watch them when I feel like it. I even keep several saved in my tabs so I can go back to them later.

swell9

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
He stole an idea and got a job offer? C'mon what does it take to code a few lines using Youtube's already-present API and search suggsetions!

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
[citation][nom]swell9[/nom]He stole an idea and got a job offer? C'mon what does it take to code a few lines using Youtube's already-present API and search suggsetions![/citation]

So...you didn't get a job offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.