Hacked Nook Reveals MMS, Speech Recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Once that was done, Nook could serve as a portable Linux-based computer with a built-in Internet connection (Wi-Fi or AT&T's 3G service) and a battery that lasts for days
That'd be pretty cool to have a little tablet PC that could run for days... based on android so it could run the chrome browser. Now all we need is a keyboard. :)

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Does it sports Bluetooth?? Not really, but you can add a bluetooth adapter on the micro USB, so now can easily add a bluetooth keyboard. Does it have USB? Well, micro usb, so, same as before. But with a touch keyboard, why do you really need a physical keyboard??

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]with a touch keyboard, why do you really need a physical keyboard??[/citation]

Because physical keyboards eat touch keyboards.

For $250 this could be one heck of a deal.

G

Ok, most of this is just not true. No free 3G, wifi isn't really working yet. MMS is true but there isn't even a mic on it so speech rec would be interesting. MMS would be for B&N support purposes or something ... You won't be able to use it. Remember Android machines come with a lot of libraries for mobile phones, that doesn't mean anything.

I'll go back to watching Matrix on my nook in HD at http://nooktalk.net now ... ROFL

G

Wow! Interesting, there is fun to be had with the Nook afterall....Looks like I may have to root mine and see what else is hiding.

Ryan
Editor (http://www.yourhelppage.com/index.php/ebook.html)

G

About the MMS functionality. Being in the mobile phone testing business myself for a longer time, I assume that the phone has not necessary passed all the MMS conformance test cases. And if the time schedule has been too tight, then the MMS functionality has not being released on the final product. I have seen same thing happening on the GPS functionality in some phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.