Hacker Defaces 49 House Sites, Flames Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckinbottoms

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]one-shot[/nom]If there is no demand for your products/services....create the demand. Now there is demand.[/citation]
This wasn't the demand this company was looking for, unless negative demand and unemployment was the goal.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]buckinbottoms[/nom]This wasn't the demand this company was looking for, unless negative demand and unemployment was the goal.[/citation]
the hacker runs a security company...

He has a demand for business now :)

I agree with manwell999
[citation][nom]manwell999[/nom]They will continue using 3rd party hosting. It gives them someone to blame when things go wrong. Think government.[/citation]

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Chances are, they were running Windows Server.... imo, you should NEVER run Windows server for an important website.Well on the bright side, the whitehouse.gov runs on Linux: http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tool [...] &lookup=OK[/citation]
Scratch that, looks like it's running on Linux also... looks like an Admin error or the admin himself did it lol.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Something huge like that should not be using 3rd party software.[/citation]
So they are going to create everything themselves? They wont use unix or linux or windows? All those are 3rd party software. Regardless of what software they use, there will always be a vulnerability somewhere.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Hmm... I didn't like the speech (sounded too much like a campaign speech than an update on the state of the government), but this is way over the top. I wonder why the hacker (who apparently dislikes Obama) also targeted Republican Reps. Maybe he's crazy!?!?

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Bolbi[/nom]Hmm... I didn't like the speech (sounded too much like a campaign speech than an update on the state of the government), but this is way over the top. I wonder why the hacker (who apparently dislikes Obama) also targeted Republican Reps. Maybe he's crazy!?!?[/citation]

Sounds like he just made use of a indiscriminate script and never bothered to filter or define who was targeted.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]Sounds like he just made use of a indiscriminate script and never bothered to filter or define who was targeted.[/citation]

...or he could be one of the many people who realize both parties are corrupt and the whole system is screwed up.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Bolbi[/nom]Hmm... I didn't like the speech (sounded too much like a campaign speech than an update on the state of the government), but this is way over the top. I wonder why the hacker (who apparently dislikes Obama) also targeted Republican Reps. Maybe he's crazy!?!?[/citation]

That's the one I meant to quote -_-

Edit button please, Tom's.

Status
Not open for further replies.