Hackers Cripple al-Qaida Web Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc21

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
While I commemorate them for halting their communications, I'm not sure it's a good idea to 'nurture' them as the next authority figures of the internet. I certainly don't want them getting access to my personal information.

G

jvc21 looks like you better start boning up on your internet security techniques, wouldnt want to be sued for negligence would you?

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]dragonfang18[/nom]Well... hopefully this doesnt just piss em off and attack us...[/citation]

WTF?!?!!? I hope you were being sarcastic. Of course they will try and attack "us". They did not need a haxor attack to motivate that! That's kind of what the label "terrorist" implies; tying to terrorize "us"!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I don't understand that you are all so scared of the terrorist threat.

I've lived in the middle east for multiple years, and I sware I've never felt safer any other place. The people are very nice here, and Al-Qaeda, the locals here believe it is actually a made up scare by the US Gov't, in order to control the population, and make them seem like heroes when they do something about the terrorist threat

Personally I find their theory very believable due to evidence from past events, and hence whether this article is even true. NBC News is American right? See if this came from a UK news broadcast or otherwise, I might believe it more, but it's American...

This all seems far to convenient for as far as I'm concerned.

keldor314

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Nah, if it was a government, it would have cost billions of dollars and yet somehow failed to accomplish a single one of its objectives.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Previously the UK government hacked into an al-Qaida website and inserted recipes for making cupcakes into the group's English language magazine, "Inspire," replacing instructions on how to build bombs.

Yeah that's the spirit, go mess their heads up! :D

Osama's approval ratings must have fallen after that...then he must have claimed to be working on exploding cupcakes for his next birthday party...oh wait, he was dumped into the ocean before that!

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]keldor314[/nom]Nah, if it was a government, it would have cost billions of dollars and yet somehow failed to accomplish a single one of its objectives.[/citation]
They tracked every member of the LulzSec teams down and are now working for the government to put cooking reciepes in terroriests websites. They are now harmless little punks that the goverment are babysitting now :) Still hate em.

ap90033

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
To the guy not scared, good thing you should visit the twin towers in NY. Oh wait that's right they are no longer there. Might want to research why they are gone. id10t!

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I think it's a great idea to take the raw talent in the hackers and form into something useful and constructive and preventative.

G

Just playing devils advokate, but surely hacking is hacking? Its either right or wrong? If our government does it then why can they complain if LulzSec also does it? The targets are a personal moral issue and thats subject to your own point of view.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
xbeater, I guess you don't live in the neighborhoods where they burn buildings over cartoons or cheer in the streets when they hear about thousands of Americans being killed.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
[citation][nom]Mr Q[/nom]Just playing devils advokate, but surely hacking is hacking? Its either right or wrong? If our government does it then why can they complain if LulzSec also does it? The targets are a personal moral issue and thats subject to your own point of view.[/citation] Hacking is an attack. Naturally gov'ts are going to frown on attacks against it or it's citizens. However, attacking a organization that exists solely to kill your citizens is not really the contradiction you make it seem. The gov't doesn't like people going into banks with guns, but the police do it...is it a personal moral issue or simply a distinction of intentions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS