Hacking From A Car

sybaris

Estimable
Mar 20, 2014
My home wifi network has been acting strange for about two months. I've had to reboot several times, change passwords to different things, .......... not being an expert all I can say is that at various times it just doesn't perform as expected or at least as it did prior to June. No software has been added or downloads performed.

I also have a standalone video monitoring system that I put together. I have noticed on a couple occasions that a car will stop in front of my house for about 20 seconds about the same time during the night then move on. I never thought anything of it since I live on a hill and people will do that if another car is coming in the opposite direction. It occurred to me this morning that there has never been a car coming in the opposite direction when it has happened and that they may be hacking.

Aside from the different network issues is it possible for someone to have put something on my system and are stopping by at night to download whatever?

thanks

Solution
Router hacks take more than 20 seconds. They would have to leave a device close to keep hacking while they are away.
On the other hand if they've hacked your network password already then it wouldn't take long for them to pull up and see if you have any new files they are looking to get.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Router hacks take more than 20 seconds. They would have to leave a device close to keep hacking while they are away.
On the other hand if they've hacked your network password already then it wouldn't take long for them to pull up and see if you have any new files they are looking to get.

Solution