Half of screen is white or colored lines and other half is perfect picture

isaacfam

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Sony Bravia flat screen HD 40" TV has half screen colored lines or white background and other half of the screen is perfect picture. Repairable or disposable?

hang-the-9

Titan
Just about anything is repairable, depends on how much you want to spend on fixing vs replacing it. If it was me and I did not know how to do the repair myself, I would replace it rather than pay for the labor and part cost, but I also get used TVs anyway so for me to spend $200 repairing a set I plaid $250 for is silly. If you spent $600 on it and will spend $600 on a new one, then you may be OK with spending a few 100 on a fix. But you still have an older TV without a warranty that may fail again.

hang-the-9

Titan
Just about anything is repairable, depends on how much you want to spend on fixing vs replacing it. If it was me and I did not know how to do the repair myself, I would replace it rather than pay for the labor and part cost, but I also get used TVs anyway so for me to spend $200 repairing a set I plaid $250 for is silly. If you spent $600 on it and will spend $600 on a new one, then you may be OK with spending a few 100 on a fix. But you still have an older TV without a warranty that may fail again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ikkkkkkkk Streaming Video & TVs 1
MukhlisM Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
T Streaming Video & TVs 4
H Streaming Video & TVs 1