Halo: ODST Xbox 360 Bundle Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I would not be interested at around $400. I would not mind purchasing a second Xbox 360 for my second home, but it would be cheaper for me to purchase an Xbox and the game by itself.

Sure, it will not have the 120 GB hard drive, but I do not need a 120 GB hard drive.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Wow way over priced. They just expect some kid/teen to see the name Halo and go, "MOMMY MOMMY I WANT THAT, then have uninformed parents buy the system for an outrageous price."

Second thought: Just give it up with Halo already. The games were fun and had a decent story. Please stop milking the franchise and come up with something original. Except originality is a foreign concept to game developers and Hollywood alike these days.

PS. Scribblenauts FTW

G

yeah i love bundles because they make the games dirt cheap to buy on there own.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
Price seems spot on to me, 2 games (approx $99 granted some hunting online could get them for less) + console $299 + some extra for the unique design and the beta invite. Its a US company so prices are always a little inflated outside of the country, if it hits here I'd guess sub $400 which isn't a screaming deal but worth it if you want all that's included.

G

You think Halo is being milked when Mario Galaxy 2 (Like the billionth game with Mario in it)is coming and God of War is on its fifth installment, oh and let's not forget Final Fantasy 14, 14!

I'll only consider the franchise milked if they go on to do something like Master Chief's Banshee racers.

Quitoman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
i hope those prices are incorrect or they won't sell very well...

why is halo 3 included? ODST includes every single halo 3 map ever released so all your getting is the original single player. I'm guessing not many people will be on halo 3 once halo 3:ODST comes out.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]valcron[/nom] Please stop milking the franchise and come up with something original. Except originality is a foreign concept to game developers and Hollywood alike these days.PS. Scribblenauts FTW[/citation]

I take it you didn't read any of the books? There really is a vast territory there for more. It's a very rich universe.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]I take it you didn't read any of the books? There really is a vast territory there for more. It's a very rich universe.[/citation]

No I have not read the books and don't plan too personally. The story just isn't good enough to warrant books IMO. Its very uninspired and has been told many times 10, 20, 30 years before Halo was a gleam in the eye of its creator.

As for originality though I am referencing the game play. Halo has been just another generic FPS sinec the day it came out. Although fun still generic. But at the same time I hate halo for making regenerating health/shield mainstream (No it was not the first game to do it like console players think, just made it popular). Regenerating shields/health has made FPS games way to easy, honestly ever game brought out now, no matter the genra, FPS, RPG, RTS, etc is extremely easy. I can't tell you the last time I had any real challenge playing a game. I have to go back to SNES/Genesis/Nintendo era, Super Ghouls and Ghosts anyone?

I would like to see companies start trying new ideas in games. Doesn't have to be anything big take one step at a time. Perfect it then in the next game introduce something else.

Portal/HL2 are great examples. Introduced the use life like animations and facial animations. You can honestly tell what the character is feeling in HL by just looking at their face. I have yet to see any other game since HL2 came out, what 10 or more years ago, reproduce this effect. (Time for Hl2 release could be wrong. Then in Episode one they perfected their animations and story telling abilities. In portal they tried a completely new style of game play. It was till a FPS but you didn't kill a single "living" entity, there were no guns, just puzzle solving. And you know what, it went on to be the biggest/most popular game since the original HL IMO. Because it was original and no a rehash like every game released now days.

Sorry ill end my rant didn't mean to go off like this/

/rant

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]valcron[/nom]Wow way over priced. They just expect some kid/teen to see the name Halo and go, "MOMMY MOMMY I WANT THAT, then have uninformed parents buy the system for an outrageous price."Second thought: Just give it up with Halo already. The games were fun and had a decent story. Please stop milking the franchise and come up with something original. Except originality is a foreign concept to game developers and Hollywood alike these days.PS. Scribblenauts FTW[/citation]

they can't help it dude. Halo is really the only franchise to get an xbox these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.