Halo: Reach Screenshots Hit the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
OK, regardless of how annoying the meme is now, there is still a valid Crysis point to make here:

It doesn't look like Crysis.

Crysis was a pig we know, but if you had the hardware capable to run it Crysis was (and still is) mindblowing to behold. 3 years later the technology to run Crysis smoothly is becoming readily available, yet we don't have any games that come near Crysis in terms of visuals.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]OK, regardless of how annoying the meme is now, there is still a valid Crysis point to make here:It doesn't look like Crysis.Crysis was a pig we know, but if you had the hardware capable to run it Crysis was (and still is) mindblowing to behold. 3 years later the technology to run Crysis smoothly is becoming readily available, yet we don't have any games that come near Crysis in terms of visuals.[/citation]

Computer hardware may more ready to play crysis, but it's not like anything has changed on the xbox hardware sense it has been released.

camerone222

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I can't wait...except the fact that I bought halo3:eek:dst 3 months ago and still havent opened it. I loved halo 3 and didn't care for COD4 that much. That all changed for me with MW2

I don't mind M$ but come on, let's start something new and quit beating a dead horse.

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Those are either screenshots of cut scenes or else they threw on extra AA eye candy that won't actually be in the game. I remember Gears 2 screenshots with something around 8x AA but in the actual game it's probably only 2x.

Why is it that the only advertising you see for games now days is just prerendered cinematics or pictures of the game with extra eye candy that will leave you disappointed when you get the real deal? How the hell does cinematics show me what the game will play like at all?

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
Those images don't impress much even if they are gameplay shots. The the terrain isn't diverse or defined enough, it just looks bland. Doesn't supprise much, given the the halo 3 engine looked slightly dated when it released. IMO the source engine has scaled better and was released long before Halo 3. Bungie really needs something to blow people away and I am afraid this isn't going to cut it.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]It doesn't look like Crysis[/citation]

Thats because Microsoft is smart enough to release games that most current PCs can play.

Wider market adoption=more $$$.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]Thats because Microsoft is smart enough to release games that most current PCs can play. Wider market adoption=more $$$.[/citation]

You mean the majority of PCs that use crappy integrated graphics. Also it is supposed to be a 360 exclusive.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]Looks nice but I guess halo will be milked till the tits fall off...[/citation]

I keep hearing of oversaturation but the industry is full of sequels of sequels nobody complains about. Much of the backlash is that it's cool to hate the popular kid.

The appeal is that it's fun. If you can't enjoy playing baseball with rocket launchers and gravity hammers, you take yourself too seriously.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]Looks nice but I guess halo will be milked till the tits fall off...[/citation]

Yeah seeing as this is the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.