Halo: Reach Special Edition is Massive, Costs $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
[citation][nom]shadow703793[/nom]One question: Why spend $150 just for some extra effects,etc?[/citation]

Because that's what direction companies like Microsoft and Activision want games to head in. They want to milk me and you for every last dime possible by charging money for them to make an extra three maps later down the road and charge us for them rather then just letting us make them our selves and share them with every one like it used to be, that's why. Sad isn't it?

flea420

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Reminds me of the horribad Halo 3 legendary edition. A huge craptastic helmet, plus the thing dropped in value to like $30 in no time. Lame I say.

zerghumper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
The limited edition seems like an excellent value for what it comes with, but the premium price for the legendary edition is just not worth it.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
What part of "COLLECTOR'S EDITION" do you people not understand? Imagine if you had one of these unopened eighty years from now...give it to your kid when he/she is old enough to actually understand the value of passing something on from one generation to the next.

Oh wait, we don't do that anymore. I forgot we don't buy hardwood furniture, just that crap from China they sell at Evil-mart. Instead we waste our money on something that has no real life value...like video games. Oh well, we can always drink our beer and eat our pizza sitting on the floor in front of the tv.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Jonnydough[/nom]Instead we waste our money on something that has no real life value...like video games.[/citation]

Evidently you never did hear about that article which told all whom read it that there was a game that sold for a 5-figure number right? It was some ATARI game ages old, closed in the box and all. Just wait a few generations and you can only imagine as to how much money you can make by selling a closed Legendary edition.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
There was a guy who recently found a Nintendo game in his basement and it was worth a good bundle too. Apparently they bought it and never opened it. Lucky bastard!

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I would like to take a good look at the "Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents", seems very interesting. Guess I´ll haave to wait for a pdf version.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I love the Halo series, I did get the legendary set with Halo 3 I am not sure about this though, it is a nice statue and set I do like the fact that you get a book instead of a DVD like legendary did.

Status
Not open for further replies.