Hamachi and skype crash when i host a lan world in minecraft

wflash

Estimable
May 11, 2014
Hey guys,
My friend and i like to play minecraft together. Before I discovered hamachi, i would always have to go to my friends house to play with him. Then i discovered hamachi and we both got it and use skype to talk to each other while we play. For somereason, however, I cant host a world without skype and hamachi disconnecting us. It only works if he hosts for us to play together. It works if i host slendytubbies and VNC over hamachi but not minecraft. what is happening? Why does it not work with MC and work with slendytubbies and VNC? Can i fix it? Please tell me how.

Solution
My friend and I had a hamachi minecraft server and it worked just fine. Try rejoining the hamachi server.

Then navigate to the "Direct Connect" button in minecraft (Multiplayer - Direct Connect) then type in the IP address on the hamachi server then click join.

If you are the one hosting the hamachi server and he is connecting to you then he should follow the above instructions and you need to simply type "localhost" in the Direct Connect tab in minecraft.

If the problem still persists tell me and I'll try to help out but there are thousands of YouTube videos out there that would be able to teach you just as well.

MaxTheProYT

Estimable
Sep 27, 2014
My friend and I had a hamachi minecraft server and it worked just fine. Try rejoining the hamachi server.

Then navigate to the "Direct Connect" button in minecraft (Multiplayer - Direct Connect) then type in the IP address on the hamachi server then click join.

If you are the one hosting the hamachi server and he is connecting to you then he should follow the above instructions and you need to simply type "localhost" in the Direct Connect tab in minecraft.

If the problem still persists tell me and I'll try to help out but there are thousands of YouTube videos out there that would be able to teach you just as well.

Solution