Handheld SNES Coming To U.S. This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
If this were 1993 I would have just pissed myself with excitement. But since it isn't, this is only interesting as a curiosity.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
meh, Id rather wait for xperia and find a snes emulator. No way in hell Im gonna walk around carrying that thing. And my laptop is pretty convenient too.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Hm.... out of all the Game consoles that Nintendo has made, i would have to say a handheld GameCube system would of been a little more practical. Mainly due to the fact that there a lot of people with GC games compared to SNES games and in theory could be a little more compact than that would.

But thats just my option (now dont get me wrong there a lot of good games with the SNES like Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (great story line) it's just my thinking when looking at an overall market).

zepfan_75

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
since I am currently beating Megaman X for the billionth time right now for free with zsnes, I don't see how this is going to sell 1 system, when many others can do the same. Especially since its running on Amd single core processors on my schools computer. :p

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Yes, adding to others here. I'd prefer to just have the original SNES carts and then use an android phone.

That said, if it's region free and has a few other tweaks than it might be alright plugged into a TV. However, I still think I'd prefer the original SNES.

[citation][nom]warmon6[/nom]Hm.... out of all the Game consoles that Nintendo has made, i would have to say a handheld GameCube system would of been a little more practical. Mainly due to the fact that there a lot of people with GC games compared to SNES games and in theory could be a little more compact than that would. But thats just my option (now dont get me wrong there a lot of good games with the SNES like Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (great story line) it's just my thinking when looking at an overall market).[/citation]
You sir, are a champion. Lufia 2 was (and still is) a brilliant game.

choujij

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Sega made a hand-held version of the Genesis in 1995 called the Sega Nomad. Why would someone think it's a good idea to sell a hand-held version of the SNES in 2011? Especially considering that many phones and other hand-held devices can emulate the SNES?

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]choujij[/nom]Why would someone think it's a good idea to sell a hand-held version of the SNES in 2011? [/citation]

I should imagine it's the same reason Obama got elected..people will buy any old thing as long as there's enough glitter. In the case of Obama, it's any old 'crap'.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]Yes, adding to others here. I'd prefer to just have the original SNES carts and then use an android phone.That said, if it's region free and has a few other tweaks than it might be alright plugged into a TV. However, I still think I'd prefer the original SNES.You sir, are a champion. Lufia 2 was (and still is) a brilliant game.[/citation]

Ty. Yeah my dad still has an SNES with a hole bunch of games and one of them is Lufia 2. Definitely a well executed game between game play and story line. Although I wished i could save at that very last part were you have the powerful sword (forgetting the name atm) and use it on anything you disire. Instead of your "hich hikers" saying something along the nature of "hey! head to the boss to defeat him! Not running of as you please!" :( To bad the character die at the end. At least he died happy! :)

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
I liked the idea when I read the title, then I clicked it and saw it was still going to use the massive cartridges and looked horrible. They shouldve made it all digital.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]I should imagine it's the same reason Obama got elected..people will buy any old thing as long as there's enough glitter. In the case of Obama, it's any old 'crap'.[/citation]
When you're in a tech forum and you want to make a political comment, think of 2 words: Shut Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS