Corey_

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
I have a Seagate Momentus 5400 .3 2.5 hard drive. PN: 9S1132-022. and I want to know what external enclosures are compatible with it?
also, the HD hasn't been used since 2012, will this cause me issues? it's been in the broken laptop the whole time until today.

Solution
Welcome to the communnity, Corey_!

As @Someone Somewhere mentioned any 2.5" SATA enclosure will do the job for you. However, I'd recommend you to test the HDD using its brand-specific/manufacturer's diagnostic tool and check up on the health and S.M.A.R.T. status. You should be able to find this utility on their website. This would definitely give you some peace of mind about the drive and you'd know how reliable it is for storing any data whatsoever.

Best of luck! Hope I was helpful! :)
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the communnity, Corey_!

As @Someone Somewhere mentioned any 2.5" SATA enclosure will do the job for you. However, I'd recommend you to test the HDD using its brand-specific/manufacturer's diagnostic tool and check up on the health and S.M.A.R.T. status. You should be able to find this utility on their website. This would definitely give you some peace of mind about the drive and you'd know how reliable it is for storing any data whatsoever.

Best of luck! Hope I was helpful! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution