Hard laptop choice

Coulous

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Hello guys!

I'm looking for a laptop with good specifications, as it would be used for video editing. So, I wonder if a i5 would be nice, or if I need to take an i7 powered laptop.

Also, I need the laptop to have a nice battery life (4/5h using Office/Word). Should I focus on i7-U ou i7-H (big performance difference?).

And I also don't know which brand to choose. I like MSI and never had problems with my last MSI laptop, but I had problems on every Asus things I had (an old GPU, 2 old motherboards, my actual P67 Sabertooth...) so are they a good laptop brand? And how are Lenovo, Acer, Toshiba, etc?
If you have any laptops suggestions, please show them to me! :)

Thank you,
Coulous

PS: Sorry for the langage, I'm french.

Solution
Without knowing the budget it is hard to suggest a laptop. Asus is generally a good laptop for video editing but they are normally focused on multimedia and gaming (n and g series).

Assuming you can afford it, try and get either a lenovo w series or an hp zbook I think its called.

The macbook pro 15 is also not a bad choice if you don't mind macs as they have a good display.

Definitely get an i7 m cpu not a u cpu, they are not good for heavy duty video editing.
Without knowing the budget it is hard to suggest a laptop. Asus is generally a good laptop for video editing but they are normally focused on multimedia and gaming (n and g series).

Assuming you can afford it, try and get either a lenovo w series or an hp zbook I think its called.

The macbook pro 15 is also not a bad choice if you don't mind macs as they have a good display.

Definitely get an i7 m cpu not a u cpu, they are not good for heavy duty video editing.

Solution