Haswell for College: Laptop recommendation?

iammichael

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Alright, I've seen some similar threads, but none that exactly fit my requirements. I currently have a cheap Asus K55a laptop that doesn't work well, and I'm looking to upgrade to a nice laptop that will hopefully last me through the next four years of college. I've got around a $1000 budget, can go over but only a little. Probably the biggest thing I'm looking for is a Haswell processor, and some SSD storage would be really nice. Other features like touchscreen, backlit keyboard, graphics card, ultrabook style, etc. would be nice, but aren't as important as fast, efficient processor and fast storage. Recommendations? Thanks!

Solution
A good way of pricing some things would be to visit some laptop outfitter/reseller sites. The Asus N550JV-DB72T might be good for you, although adding a SSD may stretch your budget more than you want; the laptop starts around $1,000. They also have a non-touch version (N550JV-DB71) that's exactly the same apart from the touch panel, and is around $100 cheaper. Adding a SSD to the non-touch version is more likely to keep you within budget.
A good way of pricing some things would be to visit some laptop outfitter/reseller sites. The Asus N550JV-DB72T might be good for you, although adding a SSD may stretch your budget more than you want; the laptop starts around $1,000. They also have a non-touch version (N550JV-DB71) that's exactly the same apart from the touch panel, and is around $100 cheaper. Adding a SSD to the non-touch version is more likely to keep you within budget.

Solution