Have 2 iPhone 5s - one can't connect to Internet via wifi in house but can access LAN devices - 2nd Phone no problems

wlg

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
I have 2 iPhone 5s. Last week phone 1 suddenly couldn't access the internet via the home's wireless. Phone 2 has no problems. Phone 1 can access items on the network (DVR, wireless printer) and have full functionality with them. So I take Phone 1 to a local Optimum wifi hotspot and am able to connect to the Internet there with no issue. Back in the house - still no ability to connect to Internet but have no issue with accessing LAN devices. Tried resetting the Router (Netgear 338) and both access points (Netgear WNDR3700) but Phone 1 still cannot access the Internet over wifi. I can access if I turn on the cellular data but can't afford to use phone that way. Since Phone 1 works on wifi outside the home, I am assuming the problem isn't with the phone - or is it?. All the settings on the Netgear equipment seem correct and would be verified in that Phone 2 and all of the other devices (iPad, Galaxy, laptops) have full Internet connectivity. Any ideas on how to proceed to restore Internet to Phone 1?

mjmcdonagh1

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013
It's unlikely, but it's possible that phone 1 is trying to connect with an IP address that another device is using and the conflict is stopping it connecting. If you turn on airplane mode for a few seconds and then turn it off again it should force your phone to obtain a new IP.

Like I said, it's unlikely - but it might be just what you need!

Let me know how you get on :)