Have a '76 Bronco that recently retored. Trying to connect modern receiver.

Georgeoldbronco76

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015
I cannot locate a single ignition power source- checked all in fuse box, lighter, and just about every wire accessible. Everything reads 12v without key in/on. I loose all presets, clock reverts back to 12:00. Anyone run across this problem in older vehicles ? Ant help - Greatly appreciated, G.C.

Georgeoldbronco76

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015

Reynod, I haven't tried switching red / yellow because both are showing 12v when vehicle is off. However, if both are 12v volts constant, why doesn't receiver stay powered constantly. I'm going to give that a shot. I've installed so many sound systems in the past, would be great if just a switch of two wires. It's aggravating that I am unable to find 1 12v supply that turns on when I turn the key. It's a 40 yr old vehicle, doesn't even have a dome light. Thank You for the suggestion, I'll post if it does the trick. Regards, George

Alternatively run a constant power line straight from the battery to the yellow line.

Red is normally switched power for older radios in cars and the yellow on all of the time.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36319-which-wire-is-the-power-source-yellow-or-red/