Have a panasonic plasma monitor with one cdmi port, an older receiver/tuner and a simple converter box how can I connect a fir

leon68

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Have a TH-50PDHD8uk panasonic plasma monitor with one cdmi port, an older STA-3850 receiver/tuner and a simple KCPI converter box how can I connect a fire stick? Thanks

Solution
The only KCPI converter box I can find is not HD so can be connected to the composite or svideo inputs on the TV. Connect the audio out of the box directly to the receiver.
You will need an HDMI input selector with audio extraction like this one
https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
You will connect the fire stick to it and it to the HDMI input on the TV and the switches audio out to another audio input on the receiver.
Since your TV is HD I would suggest you get an ova tuner than gives you HD (it will have HDMI out). Some offer PVR functions and multiple tuners. Connect it to the switch.

leon68

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from leon68 : "how to connect Audio"

Have a TH-50PHD8Uk Panasonic plasma monitor with 1 HDMI port, a STA-3850 receiver/tuner no DHMI ports and a KCPI converter box. How can i connect all this to a amazon fire stick. Thanks in advance.

The only KCPI converter box I can find is not HD so can be connected to the composite or svideo inputs on the TV. Connect the audio out of the box directly to the receiver.
You will need an HDMI input selector with audio extraction like this one
https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
You will connect the fire stick to it and it to the HDMI input on the TV and the switches audio out to another audio input on the receiver.
Since your TV is HD I would suggest you get an ova tuner than gives you HD (it will have HDMI out). Some offer PVR functions and multiple tuners. Connect it to the switch.

Solution

leon68

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I have the video from monitor to converter box and white/red from converter box to receiver Over the air channels work good. I just connected the fire stick on the only hdmi port available and it is on the monitor, video looks good but no audio this is where I'm stuck.