Have the screen out. How do I put the new screen in my phone?

dorlow

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
So, my son broke his screen in his cell phone. I decided to try to fix it myself. Never fixed a screen before. When taking the phone apart and the screen out, I followed a youtube video. Problem is I got to the part where you actually had to remove the screen. The original screen was glued in. The person on youtube had some cool device that they heated up the screen up on some big device and loosened up the glue to remove the screen. I bought this thing where I could put in the microwave and heat it up. But, I kept heating it up and couldn't get the glue to release. Finally I basically just broke it out. It broke in many pieces, but I got it out. But, the new screen doesn't have any glue. I looked behind the screen. None of the screws I use to put it together goes into the back of the screen to hold it to the phone. So, I pressed the new screen on slowly around and pushing it together. But there is no glue behind it. So, you can easily pull it back apart. I just put it in the phone case and told my son not to take it out of the case. If you take it out and are careful, the screen stays in. But, it can be easily pulled apart.

FYI, it's a Blu G91S phone. I don't know how much the phones retail for... but this is a special Pinwheel phone with special firmware on it... So, to buy the replacement from Pinwheel, it was $200.

dorlow

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
Well, the old screen was glued in. There's no denying that fact. The new screen is not glued in. So... that's how it was held in.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well, the old screen was glued in. There's no denying that fact. The new screen is not glued in. So... that's how it was held in.
I understand, but if the screen is not secured, the phone will get damaged again. Taking somewhere to get secured might be your best bet.

What is the make/model of the phone in question?

dorlow

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
looking at articles about this, it looks like the more popular phones have adhesive that are laser cut to put behind the screen to stick it back in place.