Having problems to get a voltmeter.

vascobrissos14

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm making a home made speaker that uses a 3.7V 3500mAh battery with a boost up to 5V and I want to see the capacity remaining on my battery. I fuond this voltmeter but I don't know if it will work. I'll connect it to the battery, not the 5V booster. If there is one if Leds or saying 10%-100% left I would really like more. Thank you in advance :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141049350659?tfrom=130978113571&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

Must be on ebay so I can get it

Solution
Am making an educated guess here, but I don't believe any battery gives you a direct capacity reading, like you just hook up a volt meter. A capacity meter has to know what's the total capacity of the attached battery, then knows when it's fully charge, and constantly measure how much current has left the battery or going in reverse (charging). I don't think there is a simple thing you just hook up and BAM! would be nice though.
Am making an educated guess here, but I don't believe any battery gives you a direct capacity reading, like you just hook up a volt meter. A capacity meter has to know what's the total capacity of the attached battery, then knows when it's fully charge, and constantly measure how much current has left the battery or going in reverse (charging). I don't think there is a simple thing you just hook up and BAM! would be nice though.

Solution