Having problems uninstalling Nvidia Geforce Experience

Ethankid

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
I want to download the latest drivers and for some reason I keep getting this error when its downloading stating, "Installation cannot continue" Then below that it says, "A system restart is required. Restart the system and try again." I have restarted my system and it still does this. I even try to uninstall Geforce Experience and I get this error: NVIDIA Uninstaller cannot continue. A system restart is required. Restart the system and try again. I have no idea what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
This is a cut-and-paste from a previous thread posted by PHCC:

1 : Disable all 3rd party services
Click on start and search for msconfig.exe.
later, click on services tab> hide all Microsoft services> click on disable all > enable NVidia services alone.
click on startups> disable all > enable NVidia startups.
hit apply, choose restart later.

Ensure you have enabled NVidia services before closing.

2 : Disable the antivirus installed and firewall in computer
(if the computer is connected from wireless router then ensure you disable the router firewall settings as well)

3 : Uninstall GeForce Experience from control panel and please delete the GeForce Experience folder from (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience)...

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
This is a cut-and-paste from a previous thread posted by PHCC:

1 : Disable all 3rd party services
Click on start and search for msconfig.exe.
later, click on services tab> hide all Microsoft services> click on disable all > enable NVidia services alone.
click on startups> disable all > enable NVidia startups.
hit apply, choose restart later.

Ensure you have enabled NVidia services before closing.

2 : Disable the antivirus installed and firewall in computer
(if the computer is connected from wireless router then ensure you disable the router firewall settings as well)

3 : Uninstall GeForce Experience from control panel and please delete the GeForce Experience folder from (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience) make sure that this folder is deleted from the Recycle bin as well.

4 : Restart the computer

Solution

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
It should - I haven't done it this way before, but I just went through all the steps short of the uninstall and the steps and labels are all accurate.

An alternative is to try an uninstaller like Revo (link below) or similar. I wouldn't use Revo to uninstall a security program like Norton, but I've been using it for years to remove programs that just didn't want to let go.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

manaju18

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015

Excelent! thank you!

Christianus

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016

which one of the suggestion that you choose to make your problem solved? i kind a have some problem like you too.