Having some troubles with the laptop graphic cards.

kasio

Estimable
May 25, 2015
Hello. I bought a new laptop in Saturday, but i've had some troubles with my graphic cards. I don't know if they are working correctly, because sometimes one of them is detected and sometimes doesn't.

Here are the specs of the computer:

fdsad.png

What is: "CrossFire disabled" ? How can i make sure that the graphics cards are working correctly? Thank you very much.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Ok I have a laptop with SLI graphics which is the same as Crossfire with AMD (ATI). It means there are 2 graphics cards. SLI is the term Nvidia uses for dual graphics cards Crossfire is used by ATI. I can enable and disable SLI graphics within the Nvidia tools. Nvidia unlike ATI will only work with the same graphics cards. ATI you can use a discrete card and the integrated in the Crossfire configuration. On my machine it I uplug the laptop I get prompted to switch from SLI to the integrated Intel graphics to save power. ATI may do this also.

kasio

Estimable
May 25, 2015

Acer Aspire E5-521G-68ZF.

The graphic card is detected but it seems that it's not working. The Speccy shows the temperature of the Radeon R4 but not the temperature of the Radeon R5 M240 and it says "CrossFire disabled".

The Radeon R4 graphic card is integrated in the CPU.

How can i find the 3DMark benchmark for free? How can i make sure that the Radeon R5 M240 is working correctly?

Thank you very much.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
I had trouble with one of my Nvidia graphics cards and it wouldn't allow me to enable SLI. But it turned out to be a mobo and Graphics card and Dell replaced them. Then I was able to enable and disable SLI. Also whenever I ran on battery i was prompted to run on the integrated Graphics card only. So I that is the case for ATI and you get prompted and it work the integrated graphics is fine.

You won't see crossfire enabled because you don't have a crossfire capable system. Crossfire does not just mean two graphics cards. 3DMark you can get free right from the official website, it shows you which is the free version. Run the benchmark and compare results you see with your video card. If they are about the same, then the card is working fine.

Run all tests when it's plugged in, not on battery.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
here is the definition on AMD site

Actually it means 2 or more.

AMD CrossFire™ technology is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. Unlocking game-dominating power, AMD CrossFire™ harnesses the power of two or more discrete graphics cards working in parallel to dramatically improve gaming performance.1 AMD CrossFire™ technology ready graphics cards fit practically every budget. With the flexibility to combine two, three or four GPUs, AMD CrossFire™ technology is the perfect solution for those who demand extreme performance.

Yes that is crossfire, but that is not what the laptop does, it would be "dual graphics" which is not crossfire, and the laptop may not even support that. This is Dual Graphics used with the AMD APU chips http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/dual-graphics#overview

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well the laptop has to have 2 graphics cards in the first place. My laptop has Nvidia that uses the same technology but SLI only works on 2 graphics cards. I have the ability to switch between the Integrated Intel graphics or SLI. The difference is this laptop uses an AMD integrated and a Discrete AMD card. AMD allows Crossfire between integrated and discrete cards. My machine prompts me to shut off SLI graphics if I go to battery to save battery like. It could be his discrete card is bad and that's why Crossfire is disable.

That is not crossfire, that is dual graphics. I linked the description to dual graphics earlier. Dual Graphics and Crossfire are not the same thing, although both work with two video cards.