Having trouble hooking up a Sony HT-CT370 sound bar to a Samsung HTEM54C blu ray player everything is hooked up as indicated b

Tarri

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
I'm trying to hook up a Sony sound bar to a Samsung blu-ray player I have the cables connected but I have no blu-ray function. If I have sound I have no flurry function .... If I have blurry function I have no sound...

Solution

So you either have video from the bluray but no sound, or you do have sound but no video? Are you using an HDMI cable from the bluray to the soundbar, then another HDMI from the soundbar to the TV? If so, then there is something wrong with the soundbar. When connected properly, you should only hear the sound and see the video from the selected input only. You may need to exchange this soundbar for another.

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Use the Input button on the Sony remote to select the proper rear input to which the Bluray player is connected.

Tarri

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

Tarri

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

I tried that already. I can get blu Ray function but then I have no sound .... If I have sound I have no blu Ray function.

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

So you either have video from the bluray but no sound, or you do have sound but no video? Are you using an HDMI cable from the bluray to the soundbar, then another HDMI from the soundbar to the TV? If so, then there is something wrong with the soundbar. When connected properly, you should only hear the sound and see the video from the selected input only. You may need to exchange this soundbar for another.

Solution