Having trouble loading a certain site

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoette

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
So basically I'm trying to load www.chegg.com and I am unable to load the page...

It was like this at my old house, and now at my new house. Also, it won't load on Firefox, IE, or Chrome.

When I go thru a site like virtual-browser.com I can load the page.

I'm stumped and can't find anything definite on Google...

any ideas?

jgoette

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
OK, so I'm using a proxy (tuxunhide.info) to able to load chegg.com and it seems to be working... I'm not sure exactly what that means in the context of my problem... any clues??

G

I was having the same problem as you with not being able to open chegg.com on my laptop. I am not that computer saavy, but on both of my parent's laptops, I have no problem accessing that website. I was wondering if you learned any more as to why it won't open.. I tried the tuxunhide.info and it still didn't work for me. My google chrome will open a cached version of the site but its useless because you can't enter any of your book information.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I was having the same problem as you with not being able to open chegg.com on my laptop. I am not that computer saavy, but on both of my parent's laptops, I have no problem accessing that website. I was wondering if you learned any more as to why it won't open.. I tried the tuxunhide.info and it still didn't work for me. My google chrome will open a cached version of the site but its useless because you can't enter any of your book information.

What is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

Status
Not open for further replies.