HD 598 setup

Mr Jim

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hi, I'm relatively new to the world of audio and was wondering if I should just power my 598's from my motherboard (hero vii) or explore other options such as an external amp/dac, if so suggestions would be much appreciated.

Budget for amp/dac would be about £130

Cheers, Mr Jim

Solution
hd598 is easy to power so does not really need anything special in most cases.

if your onboard sounds good to you, you could get away with just that.

the hd598 benefits a little from an amp in that you'll get a little better sound and a bit more bass but thats about it. a decent soundcard (z if you want better amp, dx if you want better dac) or cheap dac+amp (fiio e10k) if you dont care about virtual surround are good choices if you were looking to get something.

hd598 is easy to power so does not really need anything special in most cases.

if your onboard sounds good to you, you could get away with just that.

the hd598 benefits a little from an amp in that you'll get a little better sound and a bit more bass but thats about it. a decent soundcard (z if you want better amp, dx if you want better dac) or cheap dac+amp (fiio e10k) if you dont care about virtual surround are good choices if you were looking to get something.

Solution

Mr Jim

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions, ive some interference with my mobo, so think im just gonna get an e10k(to be on the safe side) as i'm not fussed about surround sound

cheers Mr Jim