HD Drive swap

Feb 8, 2018
I have an old IBM Thinkpad with a 100+ Gb hard drive in it, running M$ XP.
I also have a Dell D600 with a 40Gb hard drive, running Winblows 7 Pro, but the battery is shot.
What I'd like to do, if possible, is swap the hard drive out of the Dell into the IBM Thinkpad to give it to the Grandkids to learn/play on. If the hard drives are the same size, would this be possible? Also, the IBM is a Pentium P3, so is the Win 7 Pro going to be able to run on the IBM? The 100+ hard drive I hope to format and put into a hard drive enclosure to use as a USB storage device. If it's not possible, I will probably look around for a used battery for the Dell D600 so as to still have a laptop for the grandkids.
Any opinions or advice?

Solution
No, swapping hard drives rarely works, system will either crash, of if it detects the hardware will likely run slow. It will be slow as it is with a P3, that is pretty much a useless computer now. You can buy a used Core i5 laptop for about $150 in good shape. Look for a Lenovo T410, those are sturdy and cheap.
No, swapping hard drives rarely works, system will either crash, of if it detects the hardware will likely run slow. It will be slow as it is with a P3, that is pretty much a useless computer now. You can buy a used Core i5 laptop for about $150 in good shape. Look for a Lenovo T410, those are sturdy and cheap.

Solution
Feb 8, 2018
Thanks 'hang-the-9' I was kinda figuring that anyways. So I pulled out the hard drive and it was only 60Gb, not 100+. It's of no great use to me, so the grandkids can learn/play on it until my son pitches it!