Solved! HDD Caddy Problem

Nov 11, 2019
Hi all,
I put the original HDD into the caddy and the SSD into the spot the HDD was. I cloned my HDD to SSD and I can boot from SSD without any problem. I erased all partition in the HDD and created D drive for storage with MiniTool Partition Wizard. But there is a little problem when computer shuts down. It is almost to shut down but suddenly the HDD is starting to work and after 5-10 seconds the computer can be shut down succesfully. If I restart the computer, I'm hearing a sizzle from the HDD and taking a blue screen that mentions shutting down unproperly. I wonder the reason of 5-10 seconds delay while shutting down and also the sizzle from HDD and blue screen while restarting.
I want to say that I checked the HDD with HD Tune Pro and results (benchmark, health and error scan) seem normal.

Solution
seems like you get bottleneck from your HDD. try to remove the HDD and see if you getting same bluescreen. if you don't get any bluescreen. you need to check your HDD if it has any problems. if you still getting bluescreen even after you remove the HDD, try to reinstall the OS because cloning HDD is prone to corrupt (as far as i know)

hope this will help you

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
seems like you get bottleneck from your HDD. try to remove the HDD and see if you getting same bluescreen. if you don't get any bluescreen. you need to check your HDD if it has any problems. if you still getting bluescreen even after you remove the HDD, try to reinstall the OS because cloning HDD is prone to corrupt (as far as i know)

hope this will help you

Reactions: tmryldz
Solution