HDMI connections for directv & bd player to Yamaha 5.1 receiver

Jun 10, 2018
I would like everyting to go thru Yamaha RX-V581 receiver as a hub, input source material from TCL ROKU 55” Smart TV; Directv & Panasonic BD player. All are HDMI capable. Would like receiver to send audio of 5.1 sound to Klipsch Quintet & Yamaha 8” subwoofer & send picture back up to Smart TV. My problem is to where do I connect TCL ROKU TV on Yamaha Receiver & what about ARC?

Solution
Connect the DTV box and BD player to the receiver with HDMI.
Connect the HDMI output of the receiver to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV. This connection will send the picture from the receiver to the TV AND the audio from the TV back to the receiver.
Follow the instructions in the TV manual to turn it on. You may have to turn off the TV speakers and change the audio output type to bistream 5.1
Follow the receiver instructions on how to assign ARC to an input name.
Connect the DTV box and BD player to the receiver with HDMI.
Connect the HDMI output of the receiver to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV. This connection will send the picture from the receiver to the TV AND the audio from the TV back to the receiver.
Follow the instructions in the TV manual to turn it on. You may have to turn off the TV speakers and change the audio output type to bistream 5.1
Follow the receiver instructions on how to assign ARC to an input name.

Solution