HDMI connections on LG TV stopped working

angelmdt

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
All three HDMI input jacks of my LG Plasma 50PK750 TV stopped working ("no signal" msg displays instead of screen from laptop). My highspeed HDMI cable works just fine when connecting my Toshiba Satellite laptop to another TV. So it's not the laptop and not the cable. What could have happened with the LG TV? The fourth HDMI input that is permanently connected to a Bluray player is just fine.

hairystuff

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Maybe there is a grounding issue, try it with the laptop just running on batteries to see if it makes a difference, if there is a grounding issue get your electrical wiring/outlets checked.

angelmdt

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

angelmdt

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks but I do use my laptop always on batteries only when walking around the house, such as bringing it to one or another TV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mathias Aivasovsky Laptop Tech Support 1
Xubair Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 5
amboozle Laptop Tech Support 1
Ton-618 Laptop Tech Support 1
Siddhanta Mallick Laptop Tech Support 4
bb86 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Question Laptop With Broken screen and keyboard, how do I connect it to a external monitor?
Question how to connect samsung syncmaster nc220 with a laptop (preferably on Type C port
Question Connecting Rode smartLav+ microphone to Asus UX303LA-C4320H Conundrum
Question Unable to connect to this network acer aspire 3
Question Network sharing no longer sharing Internet connection.
Question Youtube wont work on my laptop, shows no internet connection how do i fix it?
Question Clevo N150RD screen flickers when battery is connected
My wifi connection stops showing in the available connections randomly, after some time it shows there and wifi reconnects ag
My son's laptop has stopped connecting to the internet.
Wifi/Ethernet connection on laptop suddently stops
my toshiba satelite just stopped working.does not come on even with the charger connected,tried different chargers but still n
Why has the connection from the computer to my smart tv all of a sudden stop working?
Toshiba TV stopped working when connected via HDMI to an AV receiver
my laptop automatically begins to update windows as soon as i connect to the internet...how can i stop it????
I'm having same problem broken laptop used to connect to external monitor and now one day it just stopped working I've tried e
my laptop stopped connecting to wifi or ethernet
I am connected to the Internet, but when wen I try to load the Internet it says it's stopped working! Does anyone know how to
WiFi on laptop suddenly stopped working
when i connect my charger,my samsung (rv-409) laptop stops responding immediately ?
usb connection stopped working

ASK THE COMMUNITY