HDMI/DP to Receiver and video to HDMI/DP (4k PC)

Jerry_G

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Hi guys,

I just got the 1080 Ti with a 4k resolution screen. I already own a 5.1 surround sound set with a Pioneer VSX-528 receiver.

The problem now is that if I let my A/V go through my receiver my Hz is capped @ 30 Hz. This is undoable for PC's. So now I need to figure out how I can get audio from my receiver and video from my PC.

I am using a KS7000 tv screen. I tried ARC, but it only supports 2.0 and thus not useable. Would the following work: Use a DP to 2.0 HDMI adapter and use it for my pc to tv connection (video) and use HDMI to HDMI for my receiver (audio).

I would like to hear you guys opinion on this or maybe another (better) solution.

Thanks!

Solution
It would work if your PC lets you use the HDMI output for audio only. Try it.
If not then you can use digital audio out from the PC if you have it.
Or you could use an HDMI audio extractor to provide one. There won't be any loss of quality except with lossless audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD which doesn't pass through anything but HDMI.
It would work if your PC lets you use the HDMI output for audio only. Try it.
If not then you can use digital audio out from the PC if you have it.
Or you could use an HDMI audio extractor to provide one. There won't be any loss of quality except with lossless audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD which doesn't pass through anything but HDMI.

Solution