HDMI in AVR works intermittently

geeyesav

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
Hi,

I have connected BD to AVR(Denon-1908) thru HDMI and another HDMI out to monitor (TV). It was working for month period and suddenly not working and it is intermittent - video and audio is coming up some time and going off...when it goes off, digital is off (there is small display in denon avr to show the input as digital/analog)...I changed the HDMI cable and verified.. still it is not working..but AVR menu is displaying in TV when i press the menu in AVR - its shows there is no issue in HDMI cable as AVR to TV is working...please suggest me..

Thanks
SS

Solution
Try connecting the BD directly to the TV with the cable you now have between the receiver and TV. That will help troubleshoot. Try using different brand HDMI cables and different inputs on the TV and receiver as there can be weird problems when the HDMI specs are not followed. Try changing the order that you turn on the system.
Try connecting the BD directly to the TV with the cable you now have between the receiver and TV. That will help troubleshoot. Try using different brand HDMI cables and different inputs on the TV and receiver as there can be weird problems when the HDMI specs are not followed. Try changing the order that you turn on the system.

Solution