ac19189

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
I don't care about recording I just want to view the output of my cable box to my PC using my HDMI cable. I saw a few places talking about http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink cards but I dont know if they will work how I want. Any help would be great I dont have an option on the cable box for coax so I cant use it. Just got a new card that supports hdmi out so my computer hooks into the tv just a matter of getting the video and sound from the cable box to my computer so I can output it from the computer to my tv and receiver.

G

Is there a reason you don't go directly from the cable box to your tv?
Is it just the audio that is the problem?

ac19189

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
No and No I have it currently connected to my tv I have a 70 inch smart hdtv I also have a new video card in my computer which supports HDMI old one did not. Before I was using the computer via dvi cable converted to hdmi for my tv now that I have a card that supports HDMI it has made my life easy however I wish to watch tv while I use my computer and this is near impossible when I use the tv screen as a computer screen. So I am attempting to locate an option that will allow me to do this so I dont need to have two screens. I just want to watch tv while I am using my internet and typing doc's. Someone recommended a slingbox that is an interesting option for me. I was looking into that a bit more now too.

itsVance

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

I hope I understand now =)

I had an older TV that supported picture in picture. Have you tried using PIP with one of your TV inputs from the Computer and the other from the cable box?

ac19189

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
my tv is too new for pip its less than a year old That would solve everything and as for the cable card thing I use frontier fios internet and tv I dont think they even support that option.

G

If you are able to get a tv tuner device that works with your cable box you can run tv inside a windowed version of Mediaportal. I do this with my OTA tuner.