jordanrose1125

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
My laptop has a broken screen and I usually use a HDMI cable to hook it up to the TV but in the middle of working on a powerpoint the screen went blank and now won't show anything. After messing with it for a bit I sometimes get my background to show up but no icons.

Like I said my laptop screen is broken so I can't see anything on it but when I plug another monitor into my laptop everything shows up fine.

Solution
Hi,

Try pressing on the Windows key + P at the same time then press Enter. There will be 4 option to choose from when your press those keys but you won't see since it will only show up on the main screen.
1. Computer Only
2. Duplicate
3. Extended
4. Projector Only

So if the first didn't work press the Windows key + P again then the right arrow on your keyboard then press Enter.
Hi,

Try pressing on the Windows key + P at the same time then press Enter. There will be 4 option to choose from when your press those keys but you won't see since it will only show up on the main screen.
1. Computer Only
2. Duplicate
3. Extended
4. Projector Only

So if the first didn't work press the Windows key + P again then the right arrow on your keyboard then press Enter.

Solution