HDMI not being recognized by my TV

msklapkin

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I have a Sony KDL-46xBR3 and just bought a Samsung Blu Ray player
The TV is not recognizing the HDMI connection. I tried it on another TV and it worked fine, so it is the TV.
this is the first time I am connecting via HDMI
Someone at Geek Squad told me if you do not use HDMI for a long time, they go bad
Any ideas?

Solution
All versions of HDMI are backwards compatible. You just cannot support features that the TV doesn't have like 3D, ARC, or network connection. HDMI can be very odd. Try a different cable and a different brand BD player . Since you never used it the HDMI input may have always been bad.

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
whoever at Geek Squad told u that knows absolutely nothing... it's more likely the HDMI version your TV accepts is older than the new BRD player you just bought. you should get a new current gen TV or an HDMI scaler that is HDMI 1.0 compatible

All versions of HDMI are backwards compatible. You just cannot support features that the TV doesn't have like 3D, ARC, or network connection. HDMI can be very odd. Try a different cable and a different brand BD player . Since you never used it the HDMI input may have always been bad.

Solution