Solved! HDMI not working when laptop is on charger

Jan 1, 2019
Never new that was the problem until until 31st December 2019 during a watch night. The laptop (HP) went on low battery and just as I plugged the charger, there were no signal. Or source. We have once change the whole HDMI setup thinking it was the cable..

Solution
I am going to assume here (since you left out a lot of details) that you have the device connected to a TV? If that is the case, then I would try going into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options". Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings". Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings". In the new window that pops up, check all your settings to make sure nothing in there is what is interfering with your connection. I suggest checking all of them, as you never know what can cause something. Once done click "Apply" and then "OK".

OH and a side note, that would have been 12-31-2018, unless you traveled to the end of this year and if you did I want to know how you did it!. ;)
I am going to assume here (since you left out a lot of details) that you have the device connected to a TV? If that is the case, then I would try going into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options". Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings". Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings". In the new window that pops up, check all your settings to make sure nothing in there is what is interfering with your connection. I suggest checking all of them, as you never know what can cause something. Once done click "Apply" and then "OK".

OH and a side note, that would have been 12-31-2018, unless you traveled to the end of this year and if you did I want to know how you did it!. ;)

Solution
Jan 1, 2019

Is a church setup so it connected to an EPSON projector. :) oh sorry you are right 12-31-2018 :)
what specifically should i change at the power side?

It could be a few different things. I would start with the settings for when charging and the display settings and make sure they are not set to disallow using an external device or the HDMI when on the charger. Me, I check all sections just in case as you never know what can cause an issue when it comes to power settings.