HDMI Splitting Help

May 24, 2018
Hi. Here is what I am trying to do. I want to split my one cable box into four TVs around my condo, as I have zero need for more then one box. I'm single and I have all of the streaming services.

One TV is right there next to the box, one is about 15 feet away, and the other two are side by side to each other about 30 feet away from the box.

Should I buy a four way HDMI splitter and run four cords? Or should i buy the four splitter, run one to the near TV, one to the 15 foot away TV, then run one to the Two other TVS that are side by side, and then split that off to both of them so that I am using less cords, and also not running four cords off of one splitter. I am worried about the device heating up and am thinking that three HDMI's off of one and then one of them split again might be better. What do you think about the heating issue?

Is going 30 feet off of a splitter, then using a second splitter to split off to two TV's with let's say two three foot cords better then running two separate cords going to be a problem in terms of signal loss? The cord length would be only under 40 feet total, but it would be two splitters.

I could also buy a Two HDMI splitter and run it to the close TV, and the 15 foot TV, Use another 2 splitter and run that to the other two TV's, and split again. (That's three splits.) of like two 15 to 20 foot cords each, and then let's say a two or three food HDMI cord to the TV. The advantage to this is I'm always just running one cord along the wall at a time. I like the sound of that, but is three splits over 30 to 40 feet to much?

Thoughts on what will provide the best signal in this situation. Thanks for any help provided.

Solution
You don't have to worry about an HDMI distribution amplifier getting hot. Not that kind of device
You could get a 1x4 amp and then try using one long HDMI and split it to the local TVs. That way you would go to a 2nd long HDMI cable it needed. What ever you do try it before you permanently run the cables. It can be tricky to get HDMI to work when it's split and extended.
If running bulky HDMI cables is a problem then something like this that used CAT6 would be easier to do.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8159&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI86Db2uKe2wIVBVSGCh3M3Qi-EAAYAiAAEgKJHfD_BwE
You don't have to worry about an HDMI distribution amplifier getting hot. Not that kind of device
You could get a 1x4 amp and then try using one long HDMI and split it to the local TVs. That way you would go to a 2nd long HDMI cable it needed. What ever you do try it before you permanently run the cables. It can be tricky to get HDMI to work when it's split and extended.
If running bulky HDMI cables is a problem then something like this that used CAT6 would be easier to do.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8159&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI86Db2uKe2wIVBVSGCh3M3Qi-EAAYAiAAEgKJHfD_BwE

Solution

TRENDING THREADS