HDMI to HDMI + Audio Converter Static

DisposableAccount

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
I have purchased a MINI HDMI2HDMI AUDIO+ Audio Converter and intend to use it so I can play on my monitor without having to use the internal speakers. When I connect the HDMI cable from my Xbox One into the HDMI In port, no problems occur. When I connect the HDMI cable from my monitor to the HDMI Out port, a static noise begins to present itself. At low volumes, it is not too apparent, however, when I turn my computer sound up to 100, you can clearly hear what it sounds like. Here is a video I made which simply shows you the sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79JJMms4FE
I would not mind this if it only occurred when I was playing, but even when I am idle, the sound is still in the background. Does anyone have any idea on what the cause of this is? Here is a link to a picture of the device: http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1mveeLFXXXXaKXVXXq6xXFXXX4/Premium-Version-MINI-HDMI2HDMI-AUDIO-Audio-Converter-with-1080p-HDMI-to-HDMI-with-Audio-P4PM-OD.jpg

Solution
To clarify you have the Xbox1 going through the audio extractor into the monitor HDMI Input and you also have your PC into another input on the monitor. When you turn the PC volume up you get noise on the speakers connected to the audio extractor?
If the noise goes away when you pull the cable from the PC to the monitor then you have a ground loop issue. If the extractor is plugged into the PC for power via USB use a separate power supply. Try plugging that power supply into another power outlet.
You may also have a bad audio extractor.
To clarify you have the Xbox1 going through the audio extractor into the monitor HDMI Input and you also have your PC into another input on the monitor. When you turn the PC volume up you get noise on the speakers connected to the audio extractor?
If the noise goes away when you pull the cable from the PC to the monitor then you have a ground loop issue. If the extractor is plugged into the PC for power via USB use a separate power supply. Try plugging that power supply into another power outlet.
You may also have a bad audio extractor.

Solution