HDMI types and their compatibility

erased

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hello

Basically, my question is this:
Are all types of special HDMI ports compatible with PC?

To further explain the problem:
My friend has trouble connecting her notebook to a Thomson (model 32FZ5233) via HDMI. I thought fixing the issue wouldn't take a minute but haven't had luck making it work in half an hour. Tried powering up and connecting the devices in various orders, Windows+P and Fn+F7 combinations, setting various default resolutions for the second display device (although it's FullHD), even reinstalling Intel's graphic drivers. She says that when she took the notebook to a local PC shop, the HDMI mirroring worked fine. I haven't had the chance to try connecting it to any other device myself yet, though, and neither did I have my own netbook to try connecting it to the TV.
However, I noticed that one of the HDMI ports is designated ARC, the other is HML. The only type I've encountered so far is DVI so I have no idea whether this could have any effect for ordinary PC until after reading up on them, now I'm not sure, and honestly, it's the only cause I can think of .

erased

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015

Yup. Only strange thing there seems to be that one of the sources is titled HDMI 1 - PC, even when all cables are disconnected. The other is just HDMI 2.

erased

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015

Yup, tried every input, "no signal detected" was all I got.

Having the TV checked in a store finally revealed a faulty hardware though. Thanks for all the tips