HDTV Antenna - Can I hook it into home coaxial wiring?

hankemer

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
My home is wired for coaxial, with jacks in every room. If I buy an HDTV indoor antenna like this one: http://tinyurl.com/noq8mxz

Then can I connect that to the coaxial jack in a random room and get the benefit of the antenna in the other rooms by connecting a device to the coaxial jack in the other room?

Thanks in advance!

kms1699

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
When I moved into my home I did not have cable tv set up to transfer right away, so I grabbed an old rabbit ear antenna and hooked it up to a coax outlet upstairs then moved that cable to the "IN" on the coax splitter in the basement (luckily it was labeled). This allowed me to get over the air HD channels on any of my tvs with digital tuners. I wasn't able to get all of the channels, but I am pretty far from the broadcast towers.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
maybe but that antenna is like for a one tv direct hook up use ?? the household coaxial was meant for cable hook up right ??? hook it up and see may work may not

I just think its to be used like old rabbit ears were

hankemer

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Yes, it is meant to be used like the old rabbit ears - just wondering if I could re-purpose my coaxial wiring now that I've cut the cord!

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
possible but you should probably get one that is amplified, which this one seems to be. But really those guys are only meant to go straight to a single TV not an entire house.

Not much money so its not like its going to hurt you if it doesn't work.

kms1699

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
When I moved into my home I did not have cable tv set up to transfer right away, so I grabbed an old rabbit ear antenna and hooked it up to a coax outlet upstairs then moved that cable to the "IN" on the coax splitter in the basement (luckily it was labeled). This allowed me to get over the air HD channels on any of my tvs with digital tuners. I wasn't able to get all of the channels, but I am pretty far from the broadcast towers.

hankemer

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you, this is exactly what I was planning on doing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
I Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 9
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 6
T Streaming Video & TVs 2