HDTV With Dozens of Apps, Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Yeah... Seen the new Samsungs in the stores. Pretty damn nifty. My grandfather wants one because of Netflix. Something for everyone on these TVs.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Panasonic had this last year on theirs, but it was just apps like Amazon On-Demand, Youtube, and some news apps. It does have room for lots more, maybe with Samsung competition, they'll add a few.

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
wow, looks like the last half of this article was for games not worth downloading. Couldn't you have just had maybe one picture to summarize all the useless stuff?

melangex3

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I actually use the Rovi listing and find it very useful because with basic cable, I still get all of the unscrambled digital channels (9 SDTV and 4 HDTV)but don't get much programming information without a digital cable box. Hey, for $15/month, I get 13 usable channels that repeat in digital as well and use the $9/month netflix for everything else. For what I saved on not getting HD cable, I was able to buy a new 40" Samsung after 1 year.

G

A lot of the app's are so biased against half of the population, that is liberal biased organizations. That half wouldn't won't to use them because that would financially supporting organizations that they are in direct opposition of i.e. google, USA today, etc. It's a good idea, but just another computer in a tv. Wonder what needs [cost] to be replaced when it breaks? The whole thing?

G

Thumbs down for Facebook App on Samsung T.V. There should have been a wireless / wired keyboard port. Using the remote is cumbersome and fustrating.

G

As is usually the case, Samsung ( perhaps the manufacturer of the best TV's in the world) gets their TV's involved with WWW Interaction and FALLS FLAT ON IT'S FACE, and is BURIED DEEP IN THE DIRT.

In my humble opinion, the SMART HUB APPS severely reduces the value of the SAMSUNG UN55D7000 that I purchased in Sep 2011 with Aug 13 2011 firmware. Why oh why can't Samsung integrate FIREFOX or CHROME into it's TV's? Wouldn't that just make life easy for everyone? And, why is the data transfer for S L O . . . . . . . .W? Samsung would have been better off to SKIP ALL NON TV FEATURES and provide a simple wireless PC to TV remote.

Seriously, the apps are intolerably s l o w.

Maybe the interface was entirely written overseas, because it is hard for me to believe USA programmers would have put up with this kind of poor quality software....it is even worse then most things Microsoft makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.