I have a notebook Dell Inpirion 7520 with Windows 8.1. I have installed the driver Conexant SmartAudio HD for sounds. The sound in my speakers are OK but it doesn't work in my headphone. In the Audio Dell, the headphone is disabled. This happened suddenly.
Can somebody help me?
You have a few options 1st option: Run your Windows Updates (including the optional) Second Option
1) Right click on the Windows icon and go to Device Manager
------- Click on the Sound and Video option
--------------Right click on the audio driver and click 'Update Driver Software'
--- That usually doesn't work but it might----
1) Right Click on the driver again and Uninstall it
2) Restart your computer
1) Right click again and delete the driver
2) Right click on your computer name at the top and click 'Scan for Hardware Changes' (this will reinstall it)
1) Download a program like Driver Booster (I use this one) Here is the download link: http/www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php
2) Run the scan and see if it has an update for your audio driver (it usually will) or if it has an update for your motherboard -- run all the updates
One of those should work but let me know how it goes!