I accidentally plugged my headphone into the usb port of my acer laptop, it immediately shut down and has not turned on since. I have tried a battery removal and reset but still no results. Any suggestions please.
It may have short circuited the motherboard that caused it to shut down. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
If there's light on the laptop (HDD,WIFI CAPS):
- Do a hard reset, remove the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Power the laptop but with just the AC adapter and see if boots up.
- Next is to connect and external monitor if available and see if you'll see any display from it because if you do there could be a problem with the actual display. Do also try to press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only then press Enter.
If there's no light on the laptop:
- Reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Do also try to use another AC adapter or test it using a multi testing if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop.
- If all these steps doesn't work you may need to contact the manufacturer support for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.